David Chong Yen, Chartered Accountant, advises healthcare professionals and dentists in particular, on tax, estate and financial planning, valuations and accounting. The “hands-on” experience he has gained, from working with dentists to improve their income and to set up and manage their practices, enables him to understand their business.
David steps into the dentists’ shoes when making practical recommendations. David’s extensive connections and network in the dental profession benefit his clients.
Dental Healthcare Services
David focuses on the dental healthcare profession. His firm, DCY Professional Corporation Chartered Professional Accountants provides five main services:
- Services to the Associate
- Services to the Principal
- Services related to setting up a practice / healthcare business
- Services related to purchasing a practice / healthcare business
- Services related to selling a practice / healthcare business. Thus, his firm offers accounting, bookkeeping, valuations, tax and estate planning (personal and corporate), tax preparation (personal and corporate) and financial planning.
As a new dental school graduate, there is alot of uncertainty with everything from your first associateship to filing your income taxes. I was fortunate to have David Chong Yen and his team to help me navigate through all the questions.
– Dr. Atefeh Asadi
He has been a guest speaker for various organizations including:
- Ontario Veterinary College
- University of Toronto, Faculty of Dentistry
- University of Toronto, Faculty of Medicine
- University of Western Ontario, Faculty of Dentistry
- University of Western Ontario, Faculty of Medicine
Publications and Quotations
He has been quoted and his articles have appeared in various publications including:
- Dental Practice Management
- Oral Health
- Ontario Dentist
- National Post
David obtained his Bachelor of Arts from University of Toronto in 1980 and attained his Chartered Accountant’s Designation in 1983 while working at an international firm of Chartered Accountants. David has subsequently completed the CICA In-Depth Tax Courses and is a tax specialist. His chartered accounting firm currently serves several hundred dentists and other healthcare professionals. David is also a certified financial planner providing financial planning advice.